When you are saved in your heart, having received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, you must refrain from old habits inculcated by Satan over the whole earth. Some habits will leave you easily. For example I no longer curse since my heart was changed. I no longer feel anger (that is a spirit). But the list is long of transformations in your new life–it is a progression, working toward the image of Christ (now in us).
1) Turn off Satan’s television (except an anointed service). Even the news imparts the spirit of fear. This is one of Satan’s primary tools.
2) Turn off Satan’s radio (except a truly anointed station serving Christ).
3) Stay away from fear-mongering web sites, books, videos, audios that are devoid of God’s word and/or prayer under the the guise of Watchmen. They must balance the darkness with Jesus’ light.
4) Stop murmuring. Don’t speak about anyone unkindly, even if evil. This is a habit hard to stop because we are all so interested in each other. You can hate Satan and Satan’s actions in people. Hate the sin but not the sinner.
5) Clean your audible words. The power of life and death are on the tongue. You are the light of Jesus in the fallen world–your virtue must be audible. This means no more foul language, no more talk of perversion, no more screaming or anger in your tone. Absolutely no blaspheming–do not use Jesus’ name in vain. Especially not the Holy Spirit. There are no acceptable “sex jokes,” “Jewish jokes”, “Jesus jokes”–God will not be mocked.
6) Whatever you clean off your tongue, also clean in your thoughts. Bind it.
7) Do not curse yourself with Satan’s pronouncements on you:
“I will probably die,” “I can’t go on,” “I will fail,” “I am a loser,” “Nobody likes me,” etc… These are faithless moments and you will get what you claim.
8) Stop opening yourself to witchcraft. You will be surprised but the list is long. Witchcraft is linked to idolatry. By doing the following you open your life to the wiles of the devil. Confess these actions now, repent, that you may be blessed. Never again:
- read the horoscopes or a printed periodical or paper that includes them–throw them out
- play Ouija–throw it out or better, burn it if possible
- make an oath to anyone but God–societies that demand this are evil
- say, “Good Luck”
- cross your fingers
- spit to ward evil
- knock on wood
- attend mediums or psychics
- get hypnotized
- watch horror movies or
- watch movies that distort or deny the truth in the Bible
- attend night clubs were iniquity abounds
- enter buildings where occult practices occur
- trust crystals for healing and the like
- any new age music and teachings
- yoga or meditation (especially before altars)
- “good luck” charms even Saints
- fortune cookies
- incantations of any kind
- tea leaf reading…you get the idea
- pray to anyone but Jesus for anything–that includes any man, saint or Jesus’ mother. Jesus is the Lord who can do all things–no one else.
- the list is long here and I will add over the next days, weeks–but you can comment and add to the list.
Isn’t the devil crafty? God said he was “subtle.” Go to the word of God in the Holy Scriptures. Be still and listen to God.
9) Swipe clean your house, cottage, business and car(s) of occult objects. Yes, demons can attach themselves to objects as they wait to seek a host. Throw them out in the garbage. Do not give them or sell them to anyone.
- wall art that features occult objects, deities or meaning
- sculpted objects–no matter how valuable. (I found a small bronze sculpture of Shiva in my collections armoire!) Woot!
- music that is occult–much of the 60s music and on is very occult. Lady Gaga, Madonna today are examples. There is little popular music that is acceptable.
- movies that are filled with images of sin–murder, sex, perversion, foul language–and leave God out of the enter movie. How can a movie not include the context of all existence?
- books along the same line
- everything and anything that has an occult image or meaning of any size
- any perversion such as calendars of nude or scantily clad persons
- any drug that open the mind to hallucinations or distorts reality
- just do a forensic sweep
Cleaning the devil’s weapons against you out of your environment removes barriers to holiness and God’s presence. There is always work to do. Confessing and repenting of all. Praising Him. I promise to write more about curses, strongholds and removing curses as I learn. And about anointing your home and places. The above is a powerful start. In the meantime, read Ephesians 6:10-12 and put on the whole armor. The entire passage is deep in meaning and instruction for protection.
You will likely find relief in your life, having cut off Satan’s access to you. God is not the author of tragedy, pain and suffering– you are, by inviting Satan’s fiery darts in your life. God loves you and wants to bless you.
I myself confess that I am due for another sweep this weekend. Movies will get thinned out. He is patient and merciful.